In this agreement the following words shall have the following meanings:
“Candidate” shall mean the au pair.
“Client/employer” shall mean the Host family
“Star Au Pairs” shall mean the introduction Agency providing the match between the au pair and host family.
Nature of this Document and Formal Acceptance a) Star Au Pairs sets out these terms and conditions to inform candidates (au pairs) of the agreement between the candidate and star au pairs. Services can only be provided once the candidate has read, understood and signed the terms and conditions. Please contact Star Au
Pairs, if there is any uncertainty about any part of the terms and conditions.
b)No obligations under this agreement shall become binding on the parties (client and candidate) until the candidate has agreed to the terms and conditions.
Search initiation/Process 1. Star Au Pairs (‘the Agency’) finds, matches and manages introductions of clients with au pairs. At no time does the Agency act as an Employer. Star Au Pairs purpose is to introduce a suitable Candidate ('the au pair') to its clients ('the Employer').
2. Upon receipt of the candidate’s registration form, we will use all reasonable endeavours to introduce a family to the candidate that matches the information the candidate provided in the registration form.
3. The candidate will confirm that they have answered all questions honestly and that all the information that the candidate have supplied is true.
4. 4. The candidate must supply the references and any documentation requested by star au pairs.
5. Although every effort is made to ensure that any information given to a candidate is correct, the Agency cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information.
Obligations of an au pair 6. Treat the family and children with care and respect at all times.
7. Never disclose personal information, including photos, about the family / Employer’s circumstances or property to any third party in writing, verbally or on the internet including all social media, without receiving the family’s / Employer’s permission first, in writing.
8. The candidate must perform the role/duties of an au pair for the family to the best of the candidates ability.
9. To stay at least until the end of the placement / employment term (where such as been agreed) as per the candidates contract or letter of invitation, unless both parties agree to a new termination date, be that a shorter or longer period of time.
10. The candidate will agree to pay all costs for language courses and travel, to and from host country unless the family has offered to pay. The candidate will also agree to bring money for emergency expenses.
11. The candidate will agree to abide by all rules set by the host family, for example, in relation to not smoking, use of the telephone, visitors and so on. During the candidates stay the candidate shall behave in a manner which does not reflect badly on the candidates host family and Star Au
Pairs as the candidate’s agency.
12. The candidate will agree that on arrival at the host family the candidate shall discuss in detail the daily and weekly routine, and the host families’ expectations of the candidate as their au pair.
13. The candidate will also agree to communicate any travel arrangements during the candidates time with the family and make sure that they coincide with what the family has agreed. No flights / holidays should be booked without the agreement of the family.
14. The candidate must agree to seek the advice of the host family before administering any form of discipline. The candidate will also understand that under no circumstances should The candidate hit the children, shout at them or leave them on their own regardless of their ages.
15. The candidate must agree to maintain confidentiality and not to discuss details of The candidates host family's private life.
16.The candidate shall carry out childcare / light housework duties to a high standard. The candidate must agree to keep the candidates room clean and tidy and to maintain a high standard of personal hygiene. The candidates au pair duties may consist of but not be limited to the following:
Taking children to and collecting them from school
Preparing or helping to prepare dinner
Clearing up after mealtimes
Some homework support where possible
Assisting with the bedtime routine
Maintain the childrens’ bedrooms
Light household duties i.e. tidy childrens’ bedrooms, iron and wash childrens’ clothes
Possibly help with weekly shopping if needed.
References and other candidate liability/responsibilities 17. Every effort is made by Star Au Pairs to ensure that the host family introduced to the candidate is suitable. It is the responsibility of the candidate to be fully happy with their choice and make the effort to communicate with the family to ensure they are a suitable match.
18. Star Au Pairs will provide support when needed, but are unable to micro-manage all candidates, so the candidate must ensure they seek clarity from the host family during the interview process.
Notice period and holidays 19. If the candidate has selected to drive and the family request that the candidate drives the children to and from school/clubs etc., then the candidate must ensure that they are confident with driving before they drive the children alone. This is sole responsibility of both the candidate and the client to ensure the au pair has the capability and confidence. The candidate must hold a valid driving license and disclose any points.
20. Star Au Pairs does not accept responsibility for any loss, damage, expense or injury resulting from an introduction. Star Au Pairs advises both the au pair and the host family to take out appropriate insurance.
Termination, Notice period and holidays 21. The candidate understands that the success of the candidates stay with the host family depends on the candidates own initiative and the candidate will agree to integrate themselves in family life and to communicate openly with the family should any problems arise and to actively seek a solution. Star Au Pairs will endeavour to provide support if needed.
22. If no solution can be reached, and the candidate decide to leave the family, the candidate will agree to give 14 days’ notice. The candidate will also agree to contact Star Au Pairs as soon as the candidate have made a decision to leave, this should be day 1 of the 14 day notice.
23. The candidate agrees that any terms of engagement between the Candidate and the Employer will be subject to a minimum two weeks’ notice period by either party, provided that in the event of serious misconduct by either party, the other party shall be entitled to terminate the engagement immediately. However, should the misconduct be on the part of the Candidate, the Employer will be responsible for providing appropriate accommodation for a period of four days from the date of termination.
24. The Candidate should be allowed to take 28 days holiday per year, including public (bank) holidays, allowing the au pair to go home to visit family if they wish. For placements of less than 12 months, this should be calculated on a pro-rata basis of 1.66 days per month. The Candidate and the Employer should agree to when holidays should be taken and whether the au pair needs their holiday to coincide with the families’ holiday, and whether the au pair would accompany the family on holiday.
Data confidentiality and acceptance of terms 25. Star Au Pairs shall treat all information supplied by the Candidate as confidential. We shall not disclose such information to any third party without the candidates’ prior permission, except where required by law or where action might be necessary to protect The candidate or someone else. We shall treat all personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
26. The Candidate agrees to keep confidential any information we disclose pursuant to this contract. If the Candidate discloses any such information which results in the engagement of an au pair by a third party, the candidate will be responsible for the placement fee that would otherwise have been paid by the third party and these terms and conditions shall apply accordingly.
27. By accepting these terms and conditions The candidate agree that they shall continue to apply to any transaction or contract made after their acceptance and the initial registration.
28. The contract between Star Au Pairs and the candidate shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any dispute arising in connection with the contract shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.